For two days we will be gathering collaborative and ingenious minds to share strategies, stories, build strength and expand capacity, complexity and connectivity in our arts communities.
Our broad themes will explore how arts organizations and artists are addressing:
- Value and Worth
- Audiences, Volunteers and Non-professionals
- Venues and Placemaking
- Quality of Life in the Arts
Your voice is requested.
This year will also highlight the achievement of Vancouver’s publishers. A book market will feature Vancouver authors, artists and the city as subject.
Some of the speakers confirmed so far include:
- Jane Heyman, pioneer theatre maker, educator and Performing Arts Lodge Vancouver co-founder;
- Sandy Garossino, publisher, businessperson, and specialist in arts governance and advocacy;
- David Pay, artistic director - Music on Main;
- Mo Dhaliwal, founder of the Vancouver International Bhangra Celebration and Asian Heritage Month Society president;
- Sadira Rodrigues, curator, writer and director, Continuing Studies at Emily Carr University of Art and Design;
- Aaron Schubart, music programmer with the Donnelly Group;
- Tracey Friesen, executive producer, National Film Board Canada Pacific & Yukon Centre
- Martha Rans, copyright educator at Emily Carr University of Art + Design, project lead at Creative Commons Canada, legal director with Artists Legal Outreach;
- Irwin Oostindie, W2 Media and Arts Centre executive director;
- Russell Wallace, Summit featured artist, composer, producer and traditional Lil’wat singer.
Check out the Arts Alliance website for more information and registration information.